American Psychological Association or APA has published requirements that are specific guidelines for writing assignments and papers in social sciences. Aside from guidelines for citations, references and initial pages, you can find needless to say some guidelines for the outlines of papers and assignments.
Basic principles and guidelines in American Psychological Association (APA)
The basic rules and guidelines into the American Psychological Association (APA) are the annotated following:
- 12-point Sheriff, Times New Roman or Courier font for all text and at the least 8-point font for tables and figures.
- The text must be double spaced including the quotes and reference list.
- The page numbers should be found in the upper right corner of this paper.
- The margins must be set to 1” on each relative side of the paper.
- The title regarding the thesis must be stated in the cover page and after that it must be placed only in the left corner that is upper of pages.
- The American Psychological Association (APA) does not use underlined text. Bolded text may be used only on figures cheap write essay and tables when data that are specific be stressed and highlighted.
- Capitalization can also be rarely used. Job titles could be capitalized only then it will be President Williams) if the person’s name follows (for example, it will be the president of the company but in case the last name is given. Also, names of models, theories, diseases and conditions are not capitalized.
- Whenever you list something in APA of course it is within a paragraph, you then must use (a), (b), (c), etc. for the reason that order. (more…)